Thursday, July 11, 2013

Study In Still Life

                                                                     Wowzie...... I quit my other crazy Chef job to do more and focus on what I am passionate about, now I find I don't have enough time to fit everything in that I'm mad silly about! Plus with more time to cook, bake, read, think, research, visualize, create, drink coffee etc. I am discovering more, more & more, oh my. The world is my oyster! This is fun.Which leads me to my newest discovery, most likely this is old news to everyone else, fresh brewed ice tea, LOVE! note: I am a serious coffee lover and haven't experienced the tea thing, so bear with me, please.It all started with my tired achy out of shape arms/back/body schlepping cases of bottled ice tea, yuck, to the Cowbell, I said to myself, really?Light bulb goes on in my tiny brain and I think brew tea then you only have to carry the concentrate. My bestie who lives in Brooklyn, mecca of trendy food & stuff, told me about a tea company, Porto Rico Importing Company on Bleeker St. since 1907. Ordered up some and nuff said. Next I've got peach and vanilla coming, refreshing.Tomorrow mint.        Mint Tea Leaves, so pretty        next I find this recipe for your ice tea & I have it growing in my yard!Honeysuckle Simple Syrup4 cups honeysuckle blossoms, lightly packedwatersugarPlace blossoms in a bowl, pour over just enough boiling water to cover them. Cover, and let sit on the counter over night, up to 24 hours.After steeping the flowers (they will look totally gross and brown, but smell amazing), strain the liquid into a large bowl, discarding the blossoms. Measure the liquid and place into a large saucepan. For each cup of water, use one cup of sugar. Bring sugar and water to a boil and simmer until the sugar is dissolved, 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool completely. The syrup should keep for up to a month in the fridge.                                                                           fabulous!Next peaches, my taste buds are madly in love with this fruit that is starting to come into its season. I bought my first case of peaches yesterday at the Leesburg Farmers Market. Today was the first step in a 2 day process of making peach jam. First you clean, peel, cut up & macerate the peaches with sugar and lemon. Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours then tomorrow when I get home I will start the cooking process. So worth the time and effort.I will use the jam for pop tart filling and all sorts of yummy things. I made more tomato jam and red onion jam to go on the roasted pork loin melt for Saturday's menu.Off the jam topic, made Oreo cookies for the weekend!!!!  P.S. Keep the reservations coming for Twinkle Bell Secret Dining Fellowship July 27th event. It is going to be a blast! Thanks for all the support and enthusiasm!!!!! more still life......                                                                          XXOO,Cher
Source:http://luxetrailer.blogspot.com/2013/06/study-in-still-life.html

Study In Still Life Images

Still Life Study in B/W"
(1685 x 1261 - 699.92 KB - jpeg)

second value study still life i painted this study in class on ...
(800 x 635 - 42.61 KB - jpeg)

21 x 29.7 cm ©2013 by Anonymous Artist
(650 x 450 - 44.09 KB - jpeg)

still life study in gouache once again it s time to study another ...
(640 x 549 - 305.33 KB - jpeg)

No comments:

Post a Comment